Training – Mechanics of cost and cashflow planning, accounting, control and reporting in large infrastructure projects
Date: 4th June 2021, 0830 to 1630hrs
The mechanics of cost and cashflow planning, accounting, control and reporting in large infrastructure projects
Over the last two decades, African governments have invested heavily in infrastructure projects so as to enhance the ease of doing business in their respective countries and also compete on the global space. This has presented a number of opportunities for the key stakeholders involved in the development and financing of infrastructure projects including contractors, suppliers, consultants and financial institutions.
However, the implementation of these projects has been marred by inefficiencies leading to massive budget and time overruns which has adversely impacted on the project margins.
Inaccurate and untimely decision making has been cited as one of the causes of project failures across the globe. Timely and accurate recognition, measurement, recording and reporting of infrastructure project cost and revenue is a critical foundation for reporting of project information that aids decision making in large infrastructure projects.
The one-day training on the mechanics of cost and cashflow planning, accounting, control and reporting in large infrastructure projects organized by Lean Africa Consultants Limited will explore ways through which entities can enhance the practical knowledge and skills of their project teams to efficiently plan, implement and monitor cost and cashflow plans for large infrastructure projects.
Based on a practical case study of an infrastructure project, the training will enable the participants to interact and explore ways they can ensure success of their projects through adopting the global best practices.
- To explore ways through which project teams can build work breakdown structures for infrastructure projects critical for identifying and classifying cost drivers in infrastructure projects.
- To demonstrate how project teams can enhance the accuracy and efficiency in project cost and cashflow planning in infrastructure projects.
- To explore ways through which project teams can ensure timely recognition, measurement and recording of project costs and revenue.
- To demonstrate how project teams can plan and implement monthly closing procedures in infrastructure projects.
- To explore how project teams monitor infrastructure project cost and cashflow plans and undertake efficient variance analysis.
- To review ways through which project teams can enhance the reporting of project information so as to enable timely and accurate decision making.
Who can attend?
- Project Accountants
- Project Financial Controllers
- Project Managers
- Chief Finance Officers of infrastructure entities
- Project Administrators
Kshs. 10,500 plus VAT
The venue will be communicated. The organisers will ensure strict adherence to the Covid-19 regulations as stipulated by the Ministry of Health.
Participants who successfully complete the training will be awarded certificates of participation at the end of the training.